- £53,912 was the average household debt (including mortgages) in October.
- £166m was the daily amount of interest paid on personal debt in October.
- 8,465 new debt problems were dealt with by the Citizens Advice Bureau each working day over the year to June.
- 1,399 people people were made redundant every day between July and September.
- 894,000 people had been unemployed for over a year between July and September.
- £11.38m of loans are written-off daily by UK banks and building societies.
- Every 16 minutes 4 seconds, a property is repossessed.
- Every 4 minutes 42 seconds, someone will be declared insolvent or bankrupt.
- £1.362 billion was the daily value of all purchases made using plastic cards in September.